Distilled SCH is Ireland’s leading online classifieds business with very strong positions in real estate, motors and general classified markets through its brands, Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Distilled SCH, formed in 2015, is a 50:50 joint venture between the founders of Daft.ie and Schibsted - a publicly listed international media group with classified and media operations in 30 countries across the globe.
Daft.ie is the leader in the online real estate vertical in Ireland and has just embarked on a new strategy that will see significant growth out to 2020 and beyond. We are investing heavily in product, tech & data capabilities and are in the process of assembling one of the best online teams in Ireland. If you are smart, hungry to learn and are great at collaborating with others, we want to hear from you.
About The Role
As a Data Analyst Analyst at Daft.ie your role is it to be an expert at understanding Daft's data. You will enable the Product, Marketing, Sales and Senior Management team in Daft.ie to make smart, data-driven decision through insights and analytics. You will support senior management to understand the impact of business decisions. This includes creating dashboards, visualisations and regular KPI reports for use across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have strong data analysis skills and working knowledge of SQL. This role will be part of the Product Management team at Daft.ie and report into the Head of Product.
- Create dashboards and reports providing insight into business data
- Prepare and circulate various KPI reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Define and implement “single source of truth” reports and dashboards
- Data driven analysis to identify trends, risks & opportunities
- Perform analysis to measure the impact of initiatives
- Analyse and document existing data flows and identify gaps
- Build forecast models to predict the impact of business decisions
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and Google Spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of relational databases and creating SQL queries
- Proven experience in creating functional and easy-to-understand KPI dashboards
- Ability to create professional looking PowerPoint presentations and other documentation
- Distinctive problem solving and structuring skills, with ability to bring actionable insights through effective communication
- Ability to both be hands-on and have attention to detail at the same time as being able to see the bigger picture
- Good understanding of the drivers of an high performance online marketplace
- Ideally experience with Google Analytics and related web-tracking technology
- Ideally some experience with visualisation tools, e.g. Tableau
- An attractive salary package and benefits plan.
- A career development path and plan.
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies.
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment.
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction.
- A great central Dublin location.