Daft is Ireland's leading property portal. Founded in 1997 by brothers Eamonn and Brian Fallon, it has revolutionised how consumers in Ireland find property. Today tens of thousands of customers in Ireland and across the world regularly advertise their properties in the site. Nine out of ten properties for sale in Ireland are advertised on Daft.ie, and it attracts over 2 million unique visitors every month generating over 250 million page impressions per month across multiple channels. Daft.ie is now part of DistilledSCH with Adverts.ie and DoneDeal.ie.
About The Role
As a member of the Daft Engineering team, you will be working on site features that are used by thousands of people across multiple devices and platforms. You'll get to make the most of your experience by having input to every stage of the product development lifecycle.
We have a very high standard on our development team and are looking for smart, passionate developers. The role is an extremely rewarding one for the right candidate, as you will be given ownership over your own projects from day one.
- Working with other like minded developers as part of an Agile team.
- Delivering high quality, fully optimised responsive web interfaces.
- Ensuring our codebase is clean, scalable and secure.
- Creating web interfaces that have great usability and UX.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques in frontend development.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as Sass
- Familiar with automation and build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine, Qunit or Protractor
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design principles and methodologies in ES6/ES5.
- Experience developing fully responsive web pages using mobile first techniques and optimising front end performance.
- An understanding of accessibility and best practice in web standards.
- Working knowledge of GIT or similar.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage your work effectively
Bonus skills and requirements:
- Experience of server side languages such as Node.js.
- Experience using MySQL, ElasticSearch or other NoSQL databases.
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- You will get the opportunity to work on projects that are exciting where developers are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- You will be given a chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction
- Full health insurance cover
- A central Dublin location