About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are seeking to recruit a Frontend Developer who is up-to-date with modern frontend technologies, has a passion for creating great web experiences and will thrive in a fun, fast paced, challenging environment to join it’s highly experienced Technical Team.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a Frontend Developer you will:
- Building and maintaining new features for DoneDeals responsive site and related products
- Working with other like minded developers as part of a SCRUM/Kanban team
- Delivering high quality, fully optimised web interfaces
- Ensuring our codebase are clean, scalable and secure
- Creating web interfaces that have great usability and UX
- Working closely with our product and design teams
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques in frontend development
- Contributing to discussions around code structure, techniques and quality within the team
- Providing support for our QA team
What skills do I need?
- You must have a BSc or similar in Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- You are comfortable developing web interfaces that use REST APIs extensively
- Strong HTML5 and CSS3 skills
- Experience developing fully responsive web pages using mobile first techniques
- Experience using SASS or other CSS pre-processors
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage your workload effectively
- Experience with optimising the performance of frontend solutions
- You are comfortable working in an Agile team
- You have an understanding of accessibility and best practice in web standards
- You have strong browser testing and debugging skills
- Experience of test-driven development is desirable but not essential
- You will be a self-starter with a proven ability to manage your own time and workload
- You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration skills
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience with automated frontend unit and functional testing
- Experience using Gulp, Grunt or similar automated build tools
- Experience with website performance profiling
- Experience of server side languages such as Java
- Experience using PostgreSQL databases
- Familiar with working in a Node.js environment
- Working knowledge of Git or similar
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!