Distilled SCH Limited is Ireland’s leading online classifieds business with very strong positions in real estate, motors and general classified markets through its brands, Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Distilled SCH, formed in 2015, is a 50:50 joint venture between the founders of Daft.ie and Schibsted - a publicly listed international media group with classified and media operations in 30 countries across the globe.
About The Role
Due to continued growth one of the leading Distilled SCH Brands - DoneDeal are seeking to recruit a Frontend Developer who is up-to- date with modern frontend technologies, has a passion for creating great web experiences and will thrive in a fun, fast paced, challenging environment to join it’s highly experienced Technical Team.
The role involves:
- Building and maintaining new features for DoneDeals responsive site and related products.
- Working with other like minded developers as part of a SCRUM/Kanban team.
- Delivering high quality, fully optimised web interfaces.
- Ensuring our codebase are clean, scalable and secure.
- Creating web interfaces that have great usability and UX.
- Working closely with our product and design teams.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques in frontend development.
- Contributing to discussions around code structure, techniques and quality within the team.
- Providing support for our QA team.
- BSc or similar in Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Comfortable developing web interfaces that use REST APIs extensively.
- Strong HTML5 and CSS3 skills.
- Experience developing fully responsive web pages using mobile first techniques.
- Experience using SASS or other CSS pre-processors.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage your workload effectively.
- Experience with optimising the performance of frontend solutions.
- Comfortable working in an Agile team.
- An understanding of accessibility and best practice in web standards.
- Strong browser testing and debugging skills.
- Experience of test-driven development is desirable but not essential.
- You will be a self-starter with a proven ability to manage your own time and workload.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration skills.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience with automated frontend unit and functional testing.
- Experience using Gulp, Grunt or similar automated build tools.
- Experience with website performance profiling.
- Experience of server side languages such as Java.
- Experience using PostgreSQL databases.
- Familiar with working in a Node.js environment.
- Working knowledge of Git or similar.
If you have a github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new tech about which you're really excited, tell us all about it in your cover letter!
- An attractive salary package and benefits plan
- A career development path and plan
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- Projects are exciting and developers are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction
- A lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility.
- A great work environment with lots of fun.