About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a Graduate Data Engineer that will help to build next generation data product at DoneDeal.ie, Daft.ie and Adverts.ie. This is an exciting role where you will work with distributed, scalable cloud based technologies, and will get to collaborate with a talented team of Data Scientists and Engineers.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a Graduate Data Engineer you will:
- Build data solutions / APIs serving data to internal teams
- Prepare / cleanse data for data services
- Develop ETL flows from different and diverse data sources
- Collaborate across teams to build robust services
What skills do I need?
- BSc in Computer Science, Data Science or directly related field
- Working knowledge with Python or Java
- Experience with Git or other version control system
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch, Data Pipeline, EBS etc.)
- Understanding of SQL
- Comfortable with Linux and Docker
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and communication skills
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work and taxsaver schemes
- Running lessons every Tuesday with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to do your job
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!