In July 2015 the Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group, the Oslo listed international media group and leading player within online marketplaces globally, announced the establishment of a combined business Distilled SCH. We command leading positions with our hugely popular marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie and are now recruiting a Growth Manager to lead the Growth team in Marketplaces.
About The Role
Do you have experience with performance marketing or digital product/UX development? Or are you perhaps a growth hacker, a conversion rate optimiser or a retention expert? Do you love data and analytics? Do you want to work with some of the largest websites in Ireland? If yes, keep reading. We’d want to talk to you.
In this role you will be both a people manager and a key individual contributor. Your focus will be to acquire, activate and retain users. This is a very hands on manager role and you will run the experimentation process, be responsible for measuring and communicating your learnings and successes and for developing the necessary capabilities in the team. You will report to the Head of Marketplaces business unit, and be part of his management team, along with the leads for product and tech functions.
In many ways you are an entrepreneur with a small team, within an established business that has significantly more growth potential.
You will lead a small team tasked with accelerating the growth of users buying and selling their things across DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. The goals are ambitious. The team is currently being established and we are using a growth hacking approach to acquisition, activation, retention and referrals of users. We work in a creative, experimental and collaborative way. We test stuff and then look at user data to learn what works. Then we scale.
We look for a candidates who believe that..
- Data enables insight which determines action
- Making stuff happen is what matters
- Finding and treating root causes is what will solve a problem
- A failed experiment is a valuable learning opportunity
- Cross team collaboration is a great thing
We are looking for a generalist profile, but we do expect you to love working with data and be an expert at developing data-based insight that inform your actions. We think you have:
- Really enjoyed working with web and user analytics, ideally in a B2C internet business, using tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude or other
- Project management experience and experience interacting with technical teams
- If you have people management experience that is an advantage.
- Experience from environments where collaboration has been necessary to succeed
- A few years experience from one or more of the following areas:
- Growth hacking
- Conversion rate optimization
- More than one of the digital marketing disciplines (e.g. SEO, Social, PPC)
- Product/UX, including A/B testing experience
- Retention and CRM, using tools like Intercom or Appboy
If you think this is for you, what are you waiting for? Apply here.
- An attractive salary package
- Fully paid VHI Healthcare insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- A career development path and plan
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future direction
- A great central Dublin location