In July 2015 the Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group, the Oslo listed international media group and leading player within online marketplaces globally, announced the establishment of a combined business Distilled SCH. We command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
About The Role
Do you have a broad software engineering background and a couple of years of experience? Do you also like working with numbers and data and trying to understand what they are telling you? Do you want to work in a fast-paced and creative environment in central Dublin, with some of the largest websites in Ireland? Are you also passionate about finding solutions that unlock user growth? If yes, keep reading. We’d want to talk to you.
The Growth Engineer will be the team techie, working both with frontend and backend as well as with databases and analytical tooling, all with the purpose of understanding user behaviour and building solutions and hacks that unlock growth. Although you will be the main techie in the growth team, you will be part of a large and highly skilled group of developers across Distilled SCH, and you will be working tightly with mobile, core and front-end teams across our user platforms.
You will be part of a small team tasked with accelerating the growth of users buying and selling their things across DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. The goals are ambitious. The team is currently being established and we are using a growth hacking approach to acquisition, activation, retention and referrals of users. We work in a creative, experimental and collaborative way. We test stuff and then look at user data to learn what works. Then we scale.
In the growth team, your mindset is important. We look for a candidates who believe that..
- Quality code is important but never more important than the user outcome
- Finding and treating root causes is what will solve a problem
- Cross team collaboration is a great thing
- Learning is lifelong
Candidates will ideally be comfortable working across our full stack, or be keen to learn what they don’t know. We work mainly with PHP, Java, MySQL and Angular – but don’t hire based on experience with any specific language or framework. Any experience working with user behaviour analytics tools and tagging is a distinct benefit, but not a requirement.
If you think this is for you, what are you waiting for? Apply here.
- An attractive salary package
- Fully paid VHI Healthcare insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- A career development path and plan
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future direction
- A great central Dublin location