Distilled SCH Limited is Ireland’s leading online classifieds business with very strong positions in real estate, motors and general classified markets through its brands, Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Distilled SCH, formed in 2015, is a 50:50 joint venture between the founders of Daft.ie and Schibsted Media Group - a publicly listed international media group, and leading player within global online marketplaces.
Today, Distilled SCH provides lead generation solutions to the Irish property and motor sectors: its clients include more than 1,400 real estate agents and property developers, 1,200 motor dealers. In addition, Distilled SCH provides media advertising solutions to all of the major financial institutions and motor manufacturers as well as key direct advertisers.
Distilled SCH is now looking to recruit a Head of Media Sales to lead our Agency and Direct Sales Teams by developing media sales capability and our relationships with motor and finance brands. This role will report to the Head of Advertising and Marketing.
About The Role
The role of the Head of Media Sales is to lead our Finance, Motor Brand, and Direct Media Sales Teams providing industry leading advertising solutions to our clients, and will be responsible for growing media agency and direct revenues by 4x in three years.
The Head of Media Sales will work collaboratively with the Heads of Advertising and Marketing, Property, Motors, Marketplaces, and B2B Sales in shaping the Distilled SCH’s agency and direct media sales strategy.
The main areas of focus will be:
- Lead our Finance and Motor Agency Teams and Direct Media Sales Teams
- Responsible for developing our relationship with finance and motor brands
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through insight-led innovative proposals and presentations that meet client needs and brief requirements
- Understand media agency landscapes and trends, with a clear understanding of our share of spend and plan to grow
- Develop and implement key customer account plans in conjunction with sales executives to deliver vertical targets
- Deliver exceptional client service that exceeds clients expectations
- Work in conjunction with with sales executives to deliver insight-led innovative proposals that meet and exceed client needs and expectations
- Work with sales leads to continually identify new ways in which we can proactively pitch our solutions to advertisers
- Lead the Sales Team in selling a range of digital advertising solutions in key strategic verticals to media agencies and direct clients
- Partner to develop internal sales processes and capability
- Own agency and direct pipeline with clear understanding of each stage of the process, from prospect through to completed sale
- Lead and develop agency and direct sales executives capability - developing a strong sales culture
- Strong experience working in a leadership role in a highly regarded, high performing sales and sales management environment, preferably with digital/insight experience
- Proven track record of continuous over achievement of sales targets
- Proven record of successfully coaching and mentoring sales teams and individual sales people
- Experienced relationship builder with great track record of creating, nurturing and developing long-term mutually beneficial relationships
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Great interpersonal skills: you will build deep and valuable relationships with clients
- Diligent: be thorough in ensuring that we explore every option to close a sale and have detailed understanding of our pipeline
- Curious: seek to understand what are the issues and challenges clients face and how we can solve them
- Competitive: you want to win everyday
- Selfless: you put the company and the team first, you work well with peers, and welcome feedback so that you can continuously improve at what you do
- Inspiration: you inspire your team to always do their best, and support them to overcome the continuous obstacles in their way
- Inspiration - you inspire teams to always do their best, and support them to overcome the continuous obstacles in their way
- An amazing opportunity with a thriving company in a fast moving industry
- An attractive salary package and benefits plan
- A career development path and plan
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future direction
- A great central Dublin location