About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a smart, passionate and innovative iOS developer. In this role you will be given ownership of your own projects from day one and can make a positive impact on one of Irelands most visited sites Daft.ie
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a developer on the mobile engineering team, you will be building apps and features that are used by thousands of people across multiple devices and platforms. You will get a chance to help shape how our users search for property on the move
What skills do I need?
- You will have a passion for writing clean code in an Agile environment and know how to implement the SOLID principles in iOS
- You will have 3 years experience in writing code with a minimum of 2 years in iOS
- You will have experience using TDD
- Mastery of Swift Design and Architectural patterns
- Experience writing Concurrent code
- Experience in debugging and Performance Optimization using Instruments
- Proficient with Swift 3.0 - 4.0 as well as Objective-C
- You will be familiar with Human Interface Guidelines, Storyboards and Autolayout
- You will have at least one app live in the App Store
What cool tech will I be using?
You will be using the latest iOS technologies - we only support the two latest iOS versions! Code is modern and written in Swift 4.0, you will use Storyboards and Auto Layout, Collection Views, with custom Layouts, 3D Touch and Universal Links.
In Distilled SCH we have our own in-house networking library! We are also exploring Augmented Reality, Core ML, Virtual Reality and Computer Vision.
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne! MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!