About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to recruit an entry-level intern to join our Distilled SCH IT Support Team. As a member of the team your main responsibility will be to provide technical guidance to users across a whole range of skill levels, on multiple hardware and software platforms. You will have the opportunity to take part in projects using cutting edge technology, where your input is valued. We are looking for candidates who are genuinely passionate about technology, and can bring a different view to an already tech savvy company. This role is a 3 month contract.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As an IT Support Intern you will work closely with internal customers to:
- Provide first-level contact and convey resolutions to issues, and walk through the problem-solving process.
- Follow-up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- In line with our IT support framework, you will record, document and close out cases.
- Actively contribute to recommended process improvements and provide input to larger optimisation initiatives.
- Grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, working knowledge of support products and services.
What skills do I need?
- A working knowledge of a modern OS, such as Mac OS, is preferred.
- A basic or theoretical knowledge about network technologies and services (DNS, DHCP, VPN).
- In depth knowledge of Gsuite and Slack are extremely useful.
- Outstanding client-facing and communication skills, and customer service orientation.
- Additional knowledge of SysAdmin tasks and processes are a plus.
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!