Distilled SCH Limited is Ireland’s leading online classifieds business with very strong positions in real estate, motors and general classified markets through its brands, Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Distilled SCH, formed in 2015, is a 50:50 joint venture between the founders of Daft.ie and Schibsted - a publicly listed international media group with classified and media operations in 30 countries across the globe.
About The Role
Due to continued growth one of the leading Distilled SCH Brands DoneDeal are seeking to recruit a Java Developer who has a passion for creating great software and will thrive in a fun, fast paced and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to learn from a highly experienced development team and get to work on site features that are used by thousands of people across multiple platforms.
The role involves:
- Building and maintaining core features for the DoneDeal platform and related products.
- Building REST based APIs to support other development teams.
- Working with other like minded developers as part of a Scrum/Kanban team.
- Ensuring the codebase is clean, scalable and secure.
- Working closely with our product, mobile and web teams.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques in software development.
- Providing support for our QA team.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Object Oriented design principles and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Have developed REST APIs.
- Have used a version control system like Git or SVN.
- Comfortable working in an Agile team.
- Have a good working knowledge of software design patterns.
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who’s able to manage their own time and
Bonus skills and experience:
- Familiarity with Maven.
- Experience working with the Spring Framework and Hibernate.
- Experience working with Linux or Linux based operating systems.
- Experience of Test-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of other languages such as Go, Scala, Python etc.
- Extra bonus for having worked with Docker/Kubernetes.
If you have a github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new tech about which you're really excited, tell us all about it in your cover letter!
- An attractive salary package and benefits plan
- A career development path and plan
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- Projects are exciting and developers are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction
- A lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility.
- A great work environment with lots of fun.