Distilled SCH (Adverts, Daft and DoneDeal) are seeking a java software engineer who has a passion for creating great software and will thrive in a fun, fast paced and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to work on products that are used daily by thousands of people in Ireland and to work in and learn from a highly experienced development team.
In July 2015 the Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group, the Oslo listed international media group and leading player within online marketplaces globally, announced the establishment of a combined business, Distilled SCH. Distilled SCH owns the three highly successful Irish online marketplaces DoneDeal.ie, Daft.ie and Adverts.ie.
About The Role
The role involves:
- Building and maintaining core features for the Distilled platform and related products.
- Building REST based APIs to support the other development teams.
- Working with other like minded developers as part of an Agile team.
- Ensuring the codebase is clean, scalable and secure.
- Working closely with our product, mobile and web teams.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques in software development.
- Providing support for our QA team.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A degree or masters in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Object Oriented design principles and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Have developed REST APIs.
- Have used a version control system like Git or SVN.
- Comfortable working in an Agile team.
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who’s able to manage their own time and workload.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Knowledge of other languages such as Go, Scala, PHP, Python etc.
- Experience working with Spring Framework, Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift/PaaS, Hibernate, Maven
- Familiar with Linux or Linux based operating systems.
- Experience of Test-Driven Development.
- Can play table-tennis or pool.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- The opportunity to work on some of Ireland's largest Internet sites.
- We care about your career, invest in our employees and back this up with a substantial training budget.
- A progressive engineering environment where we use the latest most appropriate technology to get the job done in the best possible way.
- You will be given a chance to make a contribution to our technical direction.
- A lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Fully paid VHI Health Insurance.
- 21 days holidays per year, plus an additional days leave per year of service.
- Get out of bed factor: An exciting, challenging and fun work environment.