About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
Daft.ie is looking to recruit a PHP Developer to join its development team. As a member of the Daft.ie development team, you will be working on site features that are used by thousands of people across multiple devices and platforms. You'll get to make the most of your experience by having input to every stage of the product development lifecycle. We have a very high standard on our development team and are looking for smart, passionate developers. The role is an extremely rewarding one for the right candidate, as you will be given ownership over your own projects from day one.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a PHP Developer you will:
- Build and maintain core features for the Distilled platform and related products.
- Build REST based APIs to support the other development teams.
- Work with other like minded developers as part of an Agile team.
- Ensure the codebase is clean, scalable and secure.
- Work closely with our product, mobile and web teams.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques in software development.
- Provide support for our QA team.
- Be trained-up in Java during working hours.
What skills do I need?
- A degree or masters in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional PHP development experience.
- Great knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and methodologies.
- Know how to write good unit tests for PHP.
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL (NoSQL is a plus).
- Have developed REST APIs.
- Have used a version control system like Git or SVN.
- Comfortable working in an Agile team.
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who’s able to manage their own time and workload.
- Excellent communication skills.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Open source projects or personal projects.
- Knowledge of other languages, especially Java.
- Experience working with Spring Framework.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Familiar with Docker or Vagrant.
- Can play foosball or air hockey.
We hold regular Hack Days, attend conferences, make internal workshops, give peer reviews and are constantly learning from each other!
If you have a GitHub account, have contributed to open source projects or have a personal project that you're particularly proud of then please tell us all about it!
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne! MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!