Adverts.ie is an online marketplace where individuals can buy or sell thousands of items across every type of category imaginable. Launched in 2006 by Boards.ie, Ireland's largest community website, we currently have over 1 million registered users placing over 200,000 adverts every month and get over 3.8 million visits monthly.
About The Role
We are now recruiting a Product Owner to join our Marketplaces team. The product owner will lead a diverse and lean team who are in constant state of continuous discovery and delivery. You are the liaison between the business and tech team and work collaboratively with both to deliver an end to end solution while being the voice of our customers. The Marketplaces team are responsible for all of the non-motor products and development across Advert.ie and DoneDeal.ie. This role will mainly be focused on the Adverts.ie platform, but will see lots of collaboration across the business.
Here’s what you’ll be helping us to do:
- Developing and articulating product objectives and defining how to measure their success.
- Analysing data.
- Defining and scoping product requirements & acceptance criteria for new product development.
- Working as a conduit between business and lean delivery teams to shape & translate solutions into a market ready product.
- Prioritising the product backlog and working with our dev teams to get that done.
- Collaborating with a design team to deliver and shape a great user experience.
- Communicating progress, challenges, and needs to leadership teams.
- Managing and carrying out user acceptance testing.
- Talking to customers.
- Managing, investigating and prioritising bugs.
- Reporting to the Head of Product and work within an established product team.
You're our next Product Owner if you:
- Have a passion for learning.
- Have 2 or more years experience in a software product related role.
- Love talkin g to customers. It doesn’t matter how. It can be by answering support tickets, contacting specific customers for insight, helping conduct user research, listening to what your uncle hates about the product etc. But you’ve got to be talking to customers every day.
- Know what waterfall development is and why you shouldn’t use it.
- Have experience in rapid development. You are truly agile (and have your own opinion of what that means).
- Know what an API is and have an idea of how it works.
- Hate long, complicated and unnecessary processes.
- Love data and are able to use it, along with what you learn from talking to customers, to develop valuable insights into our products.
- Love quality. You like things that work well and get excited when you see something that is beautifully designed.
- Are not afraid to take chances, fail and learn quickly.
- Enjoy the back and forth tussle with design and developers until the right solution is found.
- Like working with people, you’re patient, you have empathy and have lots of creative and pleasant ways to say no.
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- 21 days holidays per year, plus an additional days leave per year of service (up to a maximum of 25 days)
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's largest online companies
- Contributory pension scheme
- Fully paid VHI Health Insurance
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- You will be given a chance to make a significant contribution to our future direction.
- The chance to make a lasting difference
- A fantastic Dublin city centre office location.