About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
Our Property team is looking to recruit a Product Owner who will be the liaison between the business and tech team, and will work collaboratively with both to deliver end-to-end solutions that serve our users while helping the business to reach its goals.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a Product Owner you will:
- Gather and scope product requirements; acceptance criteria for all new product development
- Work as a conduit between the business, and lean delivery teams to shape and translate solutions into a market ready product
- Own and prioritise the business requests backlog
- Work directly with an Agile delivery team to build and deliver on user stories
- Collaborate with the design team to deliver and shape a great user experience
- Communicate progress, challenges, and needs to the leadership team
- Manage and carry out user acceptance testing to ensure that at all times the user experience is optimal
- Manage, investigate and prioritise bugs
- Report to the Head of Product, and work within an established product team
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Great communication skills - both verbal and written
- You feel comfortable in talking about “what” and “why” with the business and the “how” with delivery teams
- A strong aptitude for hands-on creation of compelling solutions
- A highly collaborative way of working with experience working with multiple sites and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!