Daft is Ireland’s leading property portal. Founded in 1997, it has revolutionised how consumers in Ireland find property. Nine out of ten properties for sale in Ireland are advertised on Daft, and it attracts over 2 million unique visitors and 250 million page impressions per month across multiple channels.
About The Role
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to help us build and integrate our testing environment on Web Applications. You’ll be working with the development, commercial and design teams in supporting the product strategy. In Daft members of the technology team are encouraged to voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives and part of the solution. You will tackle challenging, novel solutions every day and you will be an integral member of the technology team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the QA Engineer, you will ensure that our applications are up to standard before releasing to the public.
- Work with a variety of automated test tools – these may include Selenium WebDriver, BDD, Jenkins, Java, Python, PostMan / SoapUI etc.
- Working closely with the Web team in the definition of the Acceptance tests.
- Accepting and managing any manual QA-related activity including test case creation, execution when required.
- Following established coding standards and techniques and assist with establishing standards.
- Researching latest tools, techniques, resources and methodologies and constantly contributing to best practice processes.
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to frameworks.
- Documenting framework changes and best practices for our organisation.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in QA Automation.
- Experience in creating & executing automation scripts.
- Manual testing experience on Web Applications.
- Good understanding of Software development life cycle.
- Experience using Java, PHP, Python or other relevant scripting languages.
- Experience with creating automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of QA principles and development & coding best practices.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with API Testing is a plus.
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment.
- An attractive salary and benefits package and career development plan.
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's most known Internet companies.
- Quarterly hack days.
- Friday treats.
- Discounted parking available.
- The chance to make a lasting difference. The projects are exciting and you will be given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
If you have a github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new tech about which you're really excited, tell us all about it in your cover letter!