About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a QA Engineer to help us build and integrate our testing environment on all our platforms, including Web, Android, iOS and backend system. You’ll be working with the development, commercial and design teams in supporting the product strategy. In Distilled SCH, members of the technology team are encouraged to voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives and part of the solution. You will tackle challenging, novel solutions every day and you will be an integral member of the technology team.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a QA Engineer you will:
- Take responsibility for building and performing both automated and manual testing solutions
- Ensure high levels of test coverage across all our product suites and platforms
- Work in a scrum environment with our brilliant backend, frontend and mobile developers to ensure quality of all new releases
- Work with our Quality Manager to develop world class QA processes
- Be a self starter with the ability to learn and understand complex systems quickly
- Collaborate with our Product Owners and developers to understand new requirements and transform them into manual and automated test cases
- Maintain and optimise our testing infrastructure, ensuring reliable, consistent and timely results
- Keep up to date with the latest advancements in Testing strategies and apply them to your work at Distilled SCH
What skills do I need?
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Strong testing experience at both user interface and API levels
- Native Mobile testing experience on iOS and Android platforms
- Strong automation experience using some of the following automation tools Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Protractor, XCUITest
- Experience in reporting, investigating and debugging software bugs in coordination with Product and Development
- Experience integrating tests with Jenkins or other CICD environments
- Experience with agile testing methodologies
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A desire to continuously improve how we work
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare Focused career development and progression opportunities If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne! MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!