Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Tech Team. The successful candidate will take full technical ownership for one of the key platforms for Distilled SCH. The candidate will work closely with the Business and Technical Support teams to build out the roadmap and execute same. It will be fast-paced, with an opportunity to work with various technologies.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Developer you will:
- Extend functionality of current ad feed aggregation systems
- Enable new feed content services
- Work on some Frontend development
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing systems
- Collaborate with Business and support teams daily to prioritise and schedule work
What skills do I need?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A degree or masters in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Object Oriented design principles and methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework, Struts, Tomcat, JBOSS
- Good working knowledge of MySQL, Apache HTTPD
- Very experienced working with and building RESTful APIs and Web services
- Good working knowledge of SVN
- Familiar with working on both Windows or Linux based operating systems and developing software in Eclipse
- Experience of managing Windows based servers and AWS cloud environments
- Working knowledge of project management tools like JIRA
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who is comfortable working on their own initiative and managing their time effectively
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a black belt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work and tax saver schemes
- Running lessons every Tuesday with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!