About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
Daft.ie are looking for an experienced UX Designer to help round out our small but mighty team of design and product experts.
The ideal candidate is a diligent project lead, always moving their tasks forwards. They will work with our team as we attempt to drive the direction of our product. Being passionate about the user’s experience is a must, while we attempt to develop exciting new and innovative features to help the product grow.
We are looking for someone who is fun, bright and motivated. Someone who is also willing to go the extra mile to develop the best possible solutions, and understands the importance of design in this process.
The age of the lone genius designer is dead. We are looking for someone who thrives on working in groups, thoroughly enjoys teamwork and helping others succeed.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a Senior UX/Product Designer you will:
- Work closely with the product and the operation teams to define issues, goals, and to turn new broad ideas into something useful and valuable for our users
- Take the lead in moving the design stages of these goals forward
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the product team, and will work closely with them to optimise the product solutions and iterate on them to enhance them for business and the users
- Have a deep understanding of UX best practices that will engage and motivate users
- Be a master of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other common design tools
- Have experience creating prototypes, wireframes and mockups - brainstorming on new products and building prototypes that capture the imagination must be in your DNA
- Have the ability to work directly with developers to ensure the successful implementation of a design specification
- Give and solicit feedback with peers, have flexibility with your own work - a huge emphasis on collaboration is key
- Be passionate about perfection
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- The ability to think at a high-level about product strategy
- Experience working in design teams and a strong, collaborative work ethic
- Can demonstrate examples of taking the lead or initiative on projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with product managers and engineers
- A strong, clean visual design sense
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- A strong level of UI skill
- Cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of product design work
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne! MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!