In July 2015 the Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group, the Oslo listed international media group and leading player within online marketplaces globally, announced the establishment of a combined business Distilled SCH. We command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
The goal of business development is to grow revenue by finding new ways of creating value for our existing customer (i.e. not growing revenue by raising prices but by developing new features that customers need and pay for)
About The Role
The Payments Strategic Planner is a key, hands on role in implementing the payments strategy across Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. The Payments Strategic Planner will work with the heads of motor, property and marketplaces along with the commercial and product teams in these verticals to help to identity payments solutions that resolve.
- Shaping the future of payments at Distilled SCH by defining a payments vision and strategy that aligns with the companies strategic direction and execute on it.
- Analysing customer needs, behaviours and attitudes in relation to payments pain points and translate this into a business recommendations on an on-going basis.
- Monitoring and assessing market trends and developments in payments innovation
- Responsible for pre-studies that could act like decision making to support management team
- Identifying suppliers of fin-tech solutions, products and know-how required to solve payments problems for our customers
- Project management of payments development projects
- Working with product teams to build out new commercial initiatives
- Trend reports and market research
- Working together with the data analytics team to understand and leverage data
- Optimisation projects such as A/B testing, pricing studies etc.
- Building business cases to support new business development
- Support innovation process, facilitate workshops
- Responsible for ensuring well-defined operational process for the feature: monitoring of performance and feedback loop through analytics.
- A proven track record of payments business development within the digital or online industry
- A strong analytical mindset
- An in-depth understanding of the digital and mobile payments market and of current and emerging payment schemes and technologies
- Strategic thinking and capacity, experience from strategy projects
- A problem solver with passion for innovation & finding new solutions based on
- insight & data
- Strong knowledge in how to build and present business cases
- Project management skills, experience with managing multiple projects in parallel
- Experience with market research and insight
- Genuine interest in rapid development of online consumer products
- Basic understanding of web & mobile technology
- Good communicator - make the complex seem simple
- Leadership ambition (previous experience from managing a small team is a bonus)
- Proven track record in leading the delivery of highly available, scalable systems on time
- An attractive salary package
- Fully paid VHI Healthcare insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- A career development path and plan
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future direction
- A great central Dublin location