Adverts.ie is an online marketplace where individuals can buy or sell thousands of items across every type of category imaginable. Launched in 2006 by Boards.ie, Ireland's largest community website, we currently have over 1 million registered users placing over 200,000 adverts every month and get over 3.8 million visits monthly.
About The Role
We are currently looking for a talented and ambitious Systems Engineer to join our Operations Team. As part of the Operations Team you will get the chance to work with a wide array of cutting-edge technologies and help to shape the direction of the software platforms on which Adverts is built.
- Ensuring that our sites are consistently delivered quickly and with high availability.
- Working with the development team to design fast, scalable systems.
- Removing performance bottlenecks from currently-deployed systems.
- Building and upgrading both physical and virtual servers.
- Ideally at least 3+ years in an Operations, Sys Admin or similar role
- Strong experience administering Linux / Unix machines
- Experience working in AWS
- We work mainly with PHP but also use Perl, Python and some Ruby
- Experience working with databases, we use MySQL and MongoDB extensively
- Experience with version control, such as Git, SVN or CVS
- Experience with a Lucene-based search engine (eg, Solr or Elastic) is not a requirement, but would be a strong plus
- We use Puppet to manage the configuration of our systems, experience with Puppet or a similar platform (eg, Chef, Ansible) would be a strong plus
- You will be working with several groups of developers so you must have excellent communication and time-management skills.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- A career development plan.
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction.
- The opportunity to work on large-scale systems.
- Many opportunities to expand your technical skills.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to be considered.
If you have a github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new tech about which you're really excited, tell us all about it in your cover letter!