Daft is Ireland’s leading property portal. Founded in 1997, it has revolutionised how consumers in Ireland find property. Nine out of ten properties for sale in Ireland are advertised on Daft, and it attracts over 2 million unique visitors and 250 million page impressions per month across multiple channels.
Due to this exciting time of growth within the company we are now seeking to hire a Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team at Daft.ie. As part of the Infrastructure Team you will get the chance to work with a wide array of cutting-edge technologies and help maintain the platform on which the brand platforms operate. You will contribute to the success of a renowned Irish organisation in a modern office environment in the heart of Dublin city.
About The Role
- Networking infrastructure support.
- Maintaining high troubleshooting and user support standards.
- Identifying and recommending appropriate changes to infrastructure and systems to improve performance, reliability, availability and service.
- Ensuring that our site is consistently delivered quickly and with high availability.
- Working with the development team to design fast, scalable systems.
- Removing performance bottlenecks from currently-deployed systems.
- Building and upgrading both physical and virtual servers.
- Participate on On-call rota to support the Infrastructure.
- You must have at least 2-3 years’ experience administering Linux/UNIX machines.
- We use PHP and some Perl and Python. You need to be competent in at least one of those languages.
- You must understand TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS and DNS well enough to debug common problems.
- We use Nginx, PHP-FPM, MySQL extensively. If you have experience working with any of these platforms, it's a distinct advantage.
- You will be working with several groups of developers so you must have excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Experience with VMWare or any other Virtualisation tool it's a distinct advantage.
- Automation tools are an advantage (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- AWS experience is an advantage.
- An attractive salary package and benefits plan.
- A career development path and plan.
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies.
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment.
- Projects are exciting and developers are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
- A chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction.
- A great central Dublin location.
If you have a Github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you're particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new tech about which you're really excited, tell us all about it in your cover letter!