About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to hire a Head of Customer Support, to lead a newly centralised customer support function which brings our teams closer together for greater impact.
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As Head of Customer Support, you will lead the Customer Support function and teams for over 750,000 daily users across our three sites. You will drive a customer-centric approach across our organisation by interpreting, sharing and utilising the invaluable product information generated each day. You will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure we are always proactively meeting the needs of our customers and users.
You will report to the Head of Marketplaces and you will lead a team of 15 Customer Support representatives. You will be responsible for;
- Leadership: your first and most prominent role is to provide leadership and direction to the entire customer support department. You will lead, mentor, organise and grow a team of exceptionally talented and motivated customer support representatives.
- Strategy: you will lead the strategy for the customer support department. You will develop a strategy for each brand, maximising the levers available in order to provide the most effective and appropriate level of support for each.
- Collaboration: you will build and deploy a common way of working between each site. You will partner with the heads of Product and Engineering to build effective processes for customer support to effectively input into new initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement: you will drive improvements in response times and customer satisfaction across the department.
- Customer-centric approach: you will ensure that at all times, we are striving to help our users succeed in achieving the goals for which they use our brands.
What skills and experience do I need?
You will need;
- Track record of managing highly successful customer support teams within a digital or online industry.
- An understanding of, and interest in, web and mobile technology, products, and the basic mechanics of online marketplaces.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others. An ability to drive strong team and company values.
- Experience working with Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams. The Customer Support team collects feedback from users on a large scale. You will lead and participate in cross-functional projects with product, engineering, design, marketing, and sales acting as an advocate for both the customer and the company.
- A solid comprehension of statistics and the ability to recognise patterns in data and provide recommendations based on those patterns.
- A desire to continuously learn and be the best, especially in new customer communications best practices and approaches.
- You will need to be a strong collaborator, and problem solver, with a desire to simplify processes and make things happen.
- You will need to be self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast paced and changeable environment, while bringing your team on the journey with you.
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- A competitive salary in a dynamic, agile and technology driven environment.
- We will help to plan for your future with 5% contribution towards your pension.
- You will have peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare.
- We promise focused career development and progression opportunities.
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work and taxsaver schemes.
- Running lessons every Tuesday with a dedicated trainer, right from our office.
- Weekly football if you fancy a kick about with your colleagues.
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland.
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic.
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to do your job.
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city.
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly, fun, welcoming and talented people!