About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a smart, passionate and innovative Junior PHP Backend Developer. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a positive impact on one of Irelands most visited sites Daft.ie. You will also be given the opportunity to learn a new language – Java!
About The Role
What will I be doing?
As a Junior PHP Developer you will:
- Build and maintain core features for the Distilled platform and related products
- Build REST based APIs to support the other development teams
- Work with other like minded developers as part of an Agile team
- You will be trained in Java during working hours
- Ensure the codebase is clean, scalable and secure
- Work closely with our product, mobile and web teams
- Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques in software development
- Provide support for our QA team
What skills do I need?
- A degree or masters in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- Fluent with PHP
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and methodologies
- Have used a version control system like Git or SVN
- Comfortable working in an Agile team
- 1 year of experience working with OOP PHP
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who’s able to manage their own time and workload
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus skills and experience:
- Open source projects or personal projects
- Knowledge of other languages, especially Java
- Experience working with Spring Framework, Docker, some ORM
- Familiar with Linux or Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Have developed REST APIs
- Can play foosball or air hockey
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne! MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!